Volunteer Leader & Land Stewardship (VLLS)
- Are you losing volunteers from your club or group?
- Are you finding personalities an issue in your chosen recreation?
- Are your meetings unproductive and do they run way too long?
- Would you like to become a better public speaker?
- Do you wish you had a better system for organizing events, runs and meetings?
- If you answered yes to any of these, then VLLS is your solution!
A hands-on, on-site workshop for volunteer leaders who want to learn how to inspire, motivate and facilitate volunteers while avoiding burnout. Focused on real leadership and supervision techniques, with a huge dose of team building, VLLS offers the sum of 35 years of tips and tricks on how to get people to voluntarily get the job done and be happy about doing it.
Subjects include basic supervision, public speaking, volunteerism, motivational techniques, aerobic listening, event and conference organization, the Recreational Incident Command System (RICS), trail and project organization and supervision, basic human interaction and many other subjects. Each workshop is adapted to some extent to the attendees and their special interests. VLLS is based on the correspondence course, the Recreational Leadership Training Course (RLTC) also offered by Del Albright.
VLLS is a one-of-a-kind training for volunteers. There is nothing else like it. Some attendees have called it a "boot camp" for being a volunteer leader. Workshops vary from three to four days, depending on the local interest, and are usually held on weekends (including Fridays). Evening sessions are to be expected. Attendees have commented that VLLS helped not only their volunteer life, but also their personal and work lives. It is a course you will never forget. Certificates are issued to successful graduates.
- The first workshop VLLS #1 was held Jun 10-13, 2004 at Ice House Resort, CA, with 16 students graduating. Many said the workshop was a life-changing event for them. (Read testimonials).
- The second workshop, VLLS #2, was held Nov. 10-12, 2006 at Robbs Resort near the Rubicon Trail.
- VLLS #3, 2007 Class #3, Nov. 9-11, 2007, right here.
- VLLS #4, 2008, Nov. 13-16, 2008, Pollock Pines, CA
- VLLS #5 2015, Feb.26 - Mar. 1, 2015.
- VLLS #6 2016, Apr. 7-10, 2016, East Coast
- Workshop Logistical Arrangements (Needs)
More info will be posted here as the workshops are scheduled. Email me if you have questions.
- How to manage meetings.
- Membership building.
- Public Speaking.
- Dealing with Bureaucracy.
- Basic Supervision.
- Event Organization.
- How to inspire volunteers.
- To motivate those around you.
- Recreational Incident Command System (RICS).
- Team building.
- and many other topics.